Siege: Heart of Darkness

Discussion on L5R in general. Themes, Community, Design, etc...

Moderators: BeastEG, Sparks, KFDE

kempy

Siege: Heart of Darkness

Postby kempy » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:02 pm

What do you think about legalizing cards from Dark Naga deck?

Landothe2nd

Re: Siege: Heart of Darkness

Postby Landothe2nd » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:08 pm

I thought that save the SH and the dark naga personality( since he's a token), the rest of the cards were legal for modern. They're legal in big deck and legacy, so why not modern?

KFDE

Postby KFDE » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:17 pm

Only cards that were legal for tournament play in Samurai, Celestial, Emperor, Ivory and 20f arcs are legal. Seige cards were not legal in any of these arcs.
"I'm gonna win the first tournament with Unicorn now."

Sparks
Site Admin

Postby Sparks » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:40 pm

Probably not gonna happen, bud. The format is balanced great with just using cards printed for tournaments. The siege cards were legal at first, but there were too many inconsistencies. If I let the siege cards be legal, I'd have to make all the non bugged cards legal. War of Honor? Where does it stop? It's just easier and better balanced the way it is now.
I am evil

Kakita Shiro

Postby Kakita Shiro » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:20 am

Related question: When do the cards from Siege: Clan Wars become legal for Modern?

Sparks
Site Admin

Postby Sparks » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:58 pm

Kakita Shiro wrote:Related question: When do the cards from Siege: Clan Wars become legal for Modern?

The cards that have a legality bug on them are legal as soon as they are released... just like any other card from any set is.
I am evil

Kakita Shiro

Postby Kakita Shiro » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:33 pm

Sparks wrote:
Kakita Shiro wrote:Related question: When do the cards from Siege: Clan Wars become legal for Modern?

The cards that have a legality bug on them are legal as soon as they are released... just like any other card from any set is.

Street date, right? Because if I can get my hands on the Clan War box on Thursday at Gen Con, I couldn't include Hoturi in my deck immediately right?

Sparks
Site Admin

Postby Sparks » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:56 pm

Kakita Shiro wrote:
Sparks wrote:

Street date, right? Because if I can get my hands on the Clan War box on Thursday at Gen Con, I couldn't include Hoturi in my deck immediately right?

Street date legality, correct.
I am evil

Return to “General Discussion”