Legacy keyword

Discussion on L5R in general. Themes, Community, Design, etc...

Moderators: BeastEG, Sparks, KFDE

chopa

Legacy keyword

Postby chopa » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:58 pm

So do we still use the old legacy keyword/mechanics? Or do we use the new Ivory ed version.

Sparks
Site Admin

Re: Legacy keyword

Postby Sparks » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:25 am

The 20f Legacy mechanic is implemented once 20f is legal. HOwever, the player going 2nd will still start with a Legacy in play.

It's updated this way in the Comprehensive Rules.
I am evil

Palmer

Postby Palmer » Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:57 pm

Is Forgotten Legacy available as the "going second" holding? Starting with that extra gold seems way too good.

Sparks
Site Admin

Postby Sparks » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:44 pm

Palmer wrote:Is Forgotten Legacy available as the "going second" holding? Starting with that extra gold seems way too good.

It is available as the going second legacy holding. I'm not sure people would use it over Seat of Power, tho. Seat of Power is really good in an environment with a lot of champs and/or daimyo.

Also, I don't find the format relies on gold as much as Ivory does. In most cases, I'd rather search for Forgotten Legacy and have it available for my turn two purchase than start it in play for use on turn three and not have a great utility like Seat of Power gives ya.
I am evil

chopa

Postby chopa » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:05 am

Can I still use this when 20f hits? Or do I have to do the remove a card thing?

Reaction: After your Dynasty Phase ends, if you brought no Holdings into play this turn, bow your Stronghold to search your Dynasty deck, then any face-down cards in your Provinces, for a Legacy Holding. Put it into play (bowed), ignoring costs.

Sparks
Site Admin

Postby Sparks » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:17 pm

chopa wrote:Can I still use this when 20f hits? Or do I have to do the remove a card thing?

Reaction: After your Dynasty Phase ends, if you brought no Holdings into play this turn, bow your Stronghold to search your Dynasty deck, then any face-down cards in your Provinces, for a Legacy Holding. Put it into play (bowed), ignoring costs.

No, once 20f is legal, Modern is adopting the 20f Legacy Search. The Samurai Legacy search will be no more.

It's way better, imo.

Keep in mind that the player going 2nd will still be able to start with a Legacy holding in play just like before.
I am evil

Return to “General Discussion”